Pages

Friday 9 May 2014

Beach waves: how to

Hi peeps. I've been trying to achieve the beach waves look for absoloutely ages and I hadn't managed to crack it up until now, as my hair is really thin and doesn't hold any shape at all. I recently found this technique on youtube and it actually works for me, so if you have thin/fine hair then this is for you! 
 

For best results, use a bit of dry shampoo just to add a little bit of extra volume.


Make sure you brush the product through your hair so you don't end up with white patches everywhere!


Then you want to take a salt spray (if you haven't got one you can make your own! Just simply get a bottle with a pump, fill it with water and add a teaspoon of salt to it. I used a body spray that I didn't use and emptied it out) and just spray it all over your hair, making sure you cover every section. Be careful when using salt spray because it damages your hair by drying it out. So if you want to use it everyday make sure you use a clarifying shampoo to get rid of all the salt and then use a deep conditioner to rehydrate the hair.


Then take a section of hair (whatever size you want or you can choose different sized pieces) twist it round like this, and secure it somewhere on your head with a grip. If it feels dry then give it another squirt with salt spray. 



 
Once you have pinned up the whole of your hair, leave it to dry. Take the grips out, get your hair dryer and dry your hair in the opposite direction even if it's dried itself. What I mean by do it in the opposite direction is put the hair dryer at the bottom of your hair and dry it upwards.
 

Whilst doing this, use some hairspray and spray your whole hair to give it a ruffled look.


And that's it! Simple:) I'm thinking about doing some youtube videos/tutorials, email me what you think!! I hope this helped a few people, thanks for reading. Amelia x 

No comments:

Post a Comment